October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Graves Gilbert Clinic wants to promote the fight against breast cancer and bring attention to the community about Breast Cancer.
Graves Gilbert Clinic — Your Cancer Team
- Encourage all women to get a mammogram. Specifically those with family history of breast cancer. We are the lowest cost provider of digital mammography in the area.
- We have an amazing group of physicians (over 20) that work together as a team to treat cancer.
- Breast Cancer has touched the lives of a large number of our patients and employees. Many of our employees are survivors. It’s an opportunity for us to promote the “Fight”.
- Proud history of taking care of cancer patients. We started the Oncology/Hematology Department in September 1980 when Dr. Jane Bramham joined Graves Gilbert Clinic. She was the first Oncologist in Bowling Green. She built a strong department that is now managed by Dr. Steven Smith, Dr. Vidya Seshadri, Dr. Jamie Jarboe and Maire Blankenship, APRN along with an amazing staff of medical assistants and registered nurses.
- Facts from the CDC Website: Other than skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women. Getting mammograms regularly can lower the risk of dying from breast cancer. If you are 50 to 74 years old, be sure to have a screening mammogram every two years. If you are 40 to 49 years old, talk to your doctor about when to start and how often to get a screening mammogram.
Our Hartland location: