- Is your family complete?
- Have you considered permanent forms of birth control such as tubal ligation for you or a vasectomy for your partner?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions and are sure you don’t want any children in the future, we’d like to talk to you about a great option in permanent birth control available in our practice.
We are excited to offer women the Essure procedure, an advancement in permanent birth control (also know as sterilization) used for years by women worldwide. In this simple procedure a soft, flexible micro-insert is placed into your fallopian tubes to create a barrier that prevents pregnancy. The Essure procedure offers women the following benefits:
- 99.80% effective (based on four years of clinical data)
- No cutting into the body
- Quick return to normal activities
- Hormone free
- Can be performed in our office with minimal anesthesia
- Follow-up test gives you peace of mind knowing that your tubes are blocked
Because the Essure procedure does not involve cutting or the need for general anesthesia, it can be performed safely and comfortably here in our office. This minimizes time out of your day and provides you with the ease and simplicity of a familiar setting.