- This event has passed.
Family Enrichment Center’s 24th Annual Run & Walk for Children
March 28, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Due to the concern surrounding the coronavirus and government officials restricting public gatherings, we have made the unfortunate decision not to hold the upcoming Family Enrichment Center’s Run Walk for Children presented by German American Bank at Ephram White Park. However, we will conduct the event virtually! (See below for instructions).
The decision was not taken lightly, but our priority lies with the safety of our running community, from all of our participants, volunteers, and to those who support our event.
The funds generated from the Run & Walk For Children supports our Wee Care Childcare program and is CRITICAL to keeping our program operating. Family Enrichment Center knows we have a very giving community and we are thankful for our many sponsors like German American Bank, Kroger, and Bluegrass Cellular!
Information for the Virtual Race:
What is a Virtual Race?
A virtual race is a race that can be run at any location, at any time. You can walk or run the distance of your choice. You can complete your race at the gym on a treadmill, a practice run in town or a stroll in the park. You can run your race at your pace, wherever you like.
How does a virtual race work?
1. Decide WHICH virtual race you would like to participate in—5K (3.1 miles) or Half-Marathon (13.1 miles) and then register online.
2. Decide WHEN to run your race! Remember that you can use the treadmill, run outside, or walk. You can complete your race at one time or take as many days as you like.
3. We believe in the honor system so no proof is required for your race, but it would be awesome if you could upload pictures and tell us about your experience on our Facebook page, Run/Walk for Children. Please use the hash-tag #RunForKids2020 when posting your photos.
Why should I do a virtual race?
1. The chance to add to your medal collection.
2. Complete control over your schedule. Complete the race on your own time. No travel expenses, no hassle with parking and no long lines waiting at the potty.
3. An opportunity to support a great cause!
Who can participate?
Everybody and anybody! There is no age limit and there are no restrictions. So run, jog, walk, crawl, run alone, run in a group, run with your pet, bike, hike, it does not matter. Just get out there and get moving!
When will I receive my finisher’s medal?
On April 15th (if not before) we will be sending an email to all registered participants with further details on how to collect your event shirt and finishers medal.
Registration for the Virtual Event will continue to be open until Saturday, March 28, 2020, and will close at 7:30 a.m. CST. If you have any questions feel free to contact our office.
Mark your calendar and begin training for the 24th Annual Family Enrichment Center Run and Walk for Children to be held on Saturday, March 28, 2020. Funds from this event support child abuse prevention services in South Central Kentucky.
There are are several great options for your entire family: Half Marathon (13.1 miles), 5K Run/5K Fun Walk, (3.1 miles), and the Kid’s 1 Mile Run.
Race registration will also be available at the race expo and on race day for an increased fee.
ATTENTION!!! Multi-Person Pricing is available for the Half Marathon, 5K Run, and 5K Walk events. To receive the $2.00 per registrant discount, ALL registrants and/or team members must be entered in one session. A single person joining a team after the team is created will not receive a discount.
885 Mt Olivet Rd
Bowling Green, KY US 42101